Designing and Implementing Enterprise Network Malware Prevention Solutions
(This was my Assignment 9-3 for my CYBR 515 - Security Architecture and Design Course. I thought many of you might like seeing it here in this blog.)
Conclusion (from the presentation)
This Enterprise Malware Protection Solution Implementation Project will:
1. Help provide protection from a wide range of threats
2. Enable excellence in protecting our client’s information
3. Help optimize return on investments
4. Help provide future business opportunities
5. Help protect the Slater Technologies, Inc. brand and reputation
6. Help ensure business continuity
7. Help reduce the risk of financial loss
8. Help reduce risk of litigation
9. Help Slater Technologies to become famous for what we do and how we do it
The diagrams above were part of the design and presentation I created as part of the assignment shown below.
Companies like Symantec, McAffee, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, etc. provide enterprise-level malware protection. Choose a major anti-virus company and familiarize yourself with their product line. Using what you learned from your research and this week's reading assignment, create an executive presentation of 8-12 PowerPoint slides on the product and on how you would install an enterprise malware solution on a hypothetical network with 50 Windows servers and 2000 Windows 7 computers. Provide sufficient detail about hardware devices and software and where they would be installed. Create a high-level Visio diagram to accompany your proposal that shows the layout of your software. It is not necessary to diagram your complete network, just a high level representation of it. For example, you could represent the 2000 Windows 7 computers with one Icon labeled Windows 7 Workstations (2000). However, if you include a security appliance that provides malware protection, it should be included as a separate icon. Also, indicate location of software components (clients, servers, databases, management tools, etc) on your diagram, as well.